2022/2023 EXPANSION & HONEY WINE/MEAD!!!!
- Update: January 20, 2023 - Our builder, Prestige Steel Buildings, was able to have our foundation/slab work completed just before Christmas, overcoming some unforeseen complications that resulted in additional delays. We have waited a month for construction to begin and have been told that it will start within the next 2 weeks! In the meantime, we were able to have a quick visit with Diane, award winning head meadmaker/owner of Honeygirl Meadery, and her meadmaker William, in Durham, North Carolina. We learned so much that we will be applying in our own mead journey to make unique honey wine blends for you! We continue to hunt for vintage and antique display units for our new retail store (now running out of places to store our awesome finds...).
- December 6, 2022 - Barnhart Sand & Gravel has prepared the build site and formed the base stonework. Prestige Steel Buildings has formed the foundation, is in the process of installing the rebar grid, and is preparing in-ground plumbing lines. Foundation cement is scheduled for the week of December 12th. Want photos and regular updates? Follow us at MHBP Instagram, Muskoka Mead Instagram or on FaceBook!
- October 2022 - Our business expansion is underway! We have obtained our MTO and septic permits. The well drilling has been completed so we now have water onsite. Our Winery equipment and 5 fermentation tanks, as well as our reclaimed kitchen shelving/cabinets have been purchased and are in storage (in two provinces unfortunately).
- Summer 2022 - We FINALLY have our build permit!!!!!! Two years of hard work! Ground clearing has now begun to prepare for the foundation. The new steel building will be constructed on our 3.5 acre property on Highway 35, just south of Highway 60 in Dwight, ON.
Our new location will include:
- Meadery producing bottled Honey Wine & canned Session Mead
- Commercial Kitchen for Product Creation and Sale On-Site
- New 800 sq ft Retail Store featuring all things Honey Bee!
- Two commercial lease spaces of approx. 790 sq ft, bright/south facing, fully accessible two piece bathrooms, parking, and potential for mezzanines (leasehold improvements at lessee expense). Applications will be available in early 2023.